What is a Lake Improvement District?
Minnesota Statutes 103B.501 – 103B.581 allows local citizen initiatives to petition counties to create lake improvement districts in order to address specific concerns within a lake watershed that cannot be addressed under normal governmental actions. Citizens and local governments willing to undertake such initiatives benefit from greater local involvement in the management of their own lakes. The DNR will provide oversight and assistance in this process.
The Wright County Commissioners voted to approve the Lake Improvement District (LID) on August 20, 2019. Here are the final resolutions:
- Lake Improvement District (LID) 19-92 (Establishes the LID)
- Lake Improvement District (LID) 19-104 – Addresses the funding of the LID
- Lake John LID Letter 2021
- LID Meeting April 15, 2021 at 6:30 PM – Zoom Log-in Information
- LID Meeting March 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM – Zoom Log-in Information
- LID Meeting February 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM – Zoom Log-in Information
- LID Meeting January 15, 20210 at 6:30 PM – Zoom Log-in Information
- LID Meeting December 17, 2020 at 6:30 PM – Zoom Log-in Information
- Lake Improvement District Bylaws – Revised July 16, 2020
- LID Board Meeting Agenda – August 20, 2020
- LID Meeting Schedule
- Lake John Improvement District (LJID) Meeting Saturday, May 2nd at 9:00am at Southside Township Hall