The DNR boating guide: https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/boatwater/boatingguide.pdf
Wright County water surface/boating ordinances can be found here (spotter requirements): https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/wrightcounty/latest/wrightco_mn/0-0-0-1683#JD_Chapter131
|CHAPTER 131 : WATER SURFACE USE Legal publisher offering ordinance codification services for local governments, specializing in providing codes of ordinances.
Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski)
- Operation times 0930-1 hour BEFORE sunset
- Youth operators 13 years old need someone 21+ on board OR have watercraft operators permit and be in constant visual by someone at least 21
- Youth operators 14-17 need watercraft safety certificate OR someone 21+ on board
- All must wear life jackets on PWC
- PWC must travel at SLOW – NO WAKE within 150 feet of docks, shore, swimmers, anchored boats, non-motorized boats (unless launching or landing a skier from shore)
- Towing person on skis, tube etc requires a 2nd person on board at all times except when there are factory installed/specified mirrors on the machine.
- Life jackets required to be on board for every person on every type of boat (including kayaks, canoes, paddleboards etc)
- Children under 10 must wear life jacket unless boat is anchored for swimming purposes